Wednesday, May 4, 2011

An elephant what?: The land of dead drafts.

Having the world keep me accountable for my work is going well so far:


3476 / 80000 words. 4% done!

In the past, I've written my rough drafts during November. I'm far from the only one, thanks to the writing challenge that's taken place every November for the past decade or so: National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). Unfortunately, the NaNo folder on my computer reminds me more of the elephant graveyard from The Lion King than a land of opportunity. It's better than the alternative - having no folder of half-written drafts at all - but it's hard for me to even click in the folder, much less bring one of the skeletons back from the dead.

Sometimes, you just need a fresh start. And that's what May You Write Your Novel is.

How about you, readers? Have you tried a writing challenge in the past? Do you wake up with the ghosts of old stories rattling their chains in your bedroom? (Maybe that's just me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment