Monday, May 2, 2011

The Word Count Bar of Doom.

Thanks to all my new followers! I'm excited to talk with everybody and discover new blogs, so feel free to leave me links in the comments at any time, if you're so inclined.

I said in my last post that I'd start working toward having a novel published by the end of the year on May 1st. It's not just a random date on the calendar: May You Write Your Novel began yesterday. Of course, I didn't begin yesterday - I've been overwhelmed with Real Life happenings in the recent past, so I took a much needed day off - but I managed 1300 words today.

Actually. Let's make this more official, shall we?


1312 / 80000 words. 2% done!

In the next couple of days, I'll go into why I'm participating in this challenge, and talk challenges in general. For now, I needed a little reminder. Yes, I am doing this, and yes, I've already started.

Wow.

2 comments:

  1. Great job, Morgan :)

    Ah, how I miss the days of NaNoWriMo. Totally a life changing experience, though I bet this will be to a greater extent.

    My advice: Just take it day by day; don't look ahead or behind; Hakuna Matata (LOL. Sorry, I just watched The Lion King the other day)

    Anyway, since you're already following my blog, there's no need to post a link.

    - Megan Conway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Megan!

    That's great advice (Disney knows their stuff!). I get so bogged down in what I have to fix that getting to the end seems impossible, so day-by-day definitely seems the way to go.

    ReplyDelete